CITEST Diagnostics COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (Swab) AT1350/21 lay test – pack of 1
CITEST Diagnostics nose test for reliable detection of a COVID-19 infection
Best self-test in Germany | Test winner Stiftung Warentest | CE certified (CE1434)
If you need larger quantities than our online scale, please contact our customer service directly!
- Test winner among the self-tests according to Stiftung Warentest
- Best rapid antigen test according to PEI evaluation (Paul Ehrlich Institute)
- detects all known variants including omicron subvariants, even with a low virus load!
- Highest overall sensitivity of >98% with Paul Ehrlich Institute
- 2 year shelf life!*
- CE-certified as a self-test for self-use (CE1434)
- PEI listing under AT1350/21
- Overall sensitivity: 98%
- Test done via nasal swab
- Easy to use, result in 15 minutes
- All test components are included
- Nursery & Schools
- Municipalities & Municipalities
- Private use at home
*according to production date (best before current batch: 06/2024)
Scope of delivery (test components included)
- 1x test cassette
- 1x extraction buffer
- 1x leaflet
- 1x Sterile Swab
- 1x biosecurity bag (optional)
- 1x tube holder
Instructions for use of the CITEST Diagnostics COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test
A rapid test for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Protein antigens in nasal swab specimens. Test for self-use in in-vitro diagnostics.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before using the Citest.
- Remove the cap from the tube containing the extraction buffer. Place the tube in the tube holder.
- Remove the swab from the packaging. Do not touch the cotton swab.
- Insert the swab into one nostril. Do not insert more than 2 cm. Move the swab 5-10 times in a circular motion along the inside of both nostrils. Note: This may feel uncomfortable. If you feel strong resistance or pain, do not insert the swab any further. If the nasal mucosa is damaged or bleeding, nasal swab sampling is not recommended. When taking nasal swabs from other people, always wear a face mask. In children, the swab does not need to be inserted as far into the nostril. For very young children, you may need another person to hold the child’s head still during sample collection.
- Insert the swab immediately into the tube containing the extraction buffer. Rotate the swab and mix the contents well. Push the tip of the swab into the tube. Rotate the swab for 10-15 seconds.
- Pull out the swab while squeezing the tube. Release as much sample as possible onto the swab in the tube.
- Close the lid or put the cap on the tube.
- Remove the test cassette from the sealed foil pouch and perform the test within one hour. Place the test cassette on a clean and level surface.
- Invert the extraction tube and add 3 drops of the solution to the sample well (S) of the test cassette. Then start the stopwatch.
- Read the result after 15 minutes. After 20 minutes the result may no longer be evaluated.
- Once the test is complete, place all test kit components in a plastic bag, seal tightly, and then dispose of in accordance with local regulations. Do not reuse the used kit components.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after disposing of the test.
For further information, you can download our Instructions for Use here.
Sensitivity and Specificity of the CITEST Diagnostics Rapid Test (Clinical Performance)
ZUSÄTZLICHE INFORMATIONEN (FAQ)
1. How do I know if the CITEST Diagnostics lay test worked?
The COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test is a chromatographic immunoassay for the rapid, qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigens in self-collected
swab samples are available. When the control line (C) appears, it means the test unit is working properly.
2. When can I read my results?
You can read your results after 15 minutes when a colored line appears next to the control area (C). Do not read result after 20 minutes.
3. When is the best time to take the test?
The Citest can be carried out at any time of the day.
4. Can the result be wrong? Are there factors affecting the test result
The test will only provide accurate results if a fresh human nasal swab is used and the instructions are followed carefully. Nevertheless, even with a self-test as accurate and high-quality as the Citest, the result can be wrong. Strains of coronavirus other than SARS-CoV-2 or other interfering factors may cause a preliminary positive result.
5. How to interpret the test if the color and intensity of the lines
The color and intensity of the lines play no role in the interpretation of the results of the CITEST Diagnostics rapid test. The test should be interpreted as positive regardless of the color intensity of the test line (T).
6. What should I do if the result is positive?
A positive result means SARS-CoV-2 antigens are present. A positive result means you are very likely to have COVID-19. The result should be confirmed. Immediately self-isolate in accordance with local guidelines and contact your GP/doctor or local health department as directed by your local authorities. Your test result will be checked with a PCR confirmation test and the next steps will be explained to you.
7. What should I do if the result is negative?
A negative result means you have tested negative or the viral load is too low for the test to detect. However, it is possible for this test to show a negative result (a false negative result) in some people with COVID-19. This means you may have COVID-19 even though the test is negative. In addition, the test can be repeated with a new test kit. Since the coronavirus cannot be precisely detected in all phases of an infection, repeat the test after 1-2 days if there is any suspicion. Even with a negative test result, the rules for distance and hygiene must be observed and the COVID guidelines/requirements on migration/travel, attendance at events, etc. must be observed.
Notes on storage
Store the test at 35.6-86°F (2-30°C). Only open the foil packaging immediately before use. DO NOT FREEZE.
Citest Diagnostics Inc.